- Written by ayotunde gbemiga
To become an economic model, delivering sound education for public good.
To use education for fostering development of all Nigerian Citizens to their full potentials in the promotion of a strong, democratic, egalitarian, prosperous, indivisible and indissoluble sovereign nation under God.
· Formulate and co-ordinate a national policy on education;
· Collect and collate data for purposes of education Planning and Financing;
· Prescribe and maintain uniform standard of education throughout the Country;
· Control and monitor the quality of education in the Country;
· Harmonize educational policies and procedures of all the States of the Federation through the instrumentality of the National Council on Education (NCE);
· Effect co-operation in educational matters on an international scale; and
· Develop curricula and syllabuses at the National Level.